This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EOC Not Accepting SQL Filter Queries for Custom Properties

We have a SQL filter query that was working in EOC v1.2 and v1.3. But when we applied the v1.3 SP1, the queries stopped working (with an error).  This is duplicatable on two separated EOC system.

This affects some resources like the Global Node Status by Site. It does not affect the all the resources. Our original query was longer, but even the one below gives that same error.

Query (straight off the sample):   Node.CustomProperty.City = 'Atlanta'

Error:   no viable alternative at input ']' in Where clause

NPM 10.1.3, NTS 3.7, IPSLA Mgr 3.5, EOC 1.4 SP1

• Please use NodeCustomProperty.City = 'Atlanta' (without the dot between Node and CustomProperty) in those resources where Node.CustomProperty doesn't work.

We are aware of the fact, that the naming is not consistent across all resources and fix for this is in our plan for some future release.

• Thank you very much. This solution does work on the custom Node properties. But it does not work on the custom Interface properties.

None of these queries work:

Interface.CustomProperty.WAN = 'false'

InterfaceCustomProperty.WAN = 'false'

Interface.CustomProperty.WAN = '0'

InterfaceCustomProperty.WAN = '0'

The first of these worked on our system before applying the SP1 update for EOC v1.3 (and in v1.2).

• The exact syntax could differ for different resources, anyway if this is something which worked in EOC 1.3 and stopped working in SP1, please create a support case for this.

• There was also an issue with using custom properties on Interfaces.

I support case was opened with SW. It turns out that is a bug (or several) in SP1 for EOC v1.3. I patch was supplied by tech support to correct this, but it a one-off patch for anyone having this issue.

With the patch the syntax turned out to be:

For Nodes: NodeCustumProperty.City  (no dot after node)

For Interfaces:  I.CustomProperty.WAN

Note: The syntax of the SQL filters are different on many of the resources in EOC. You can have 3 or 4 different syntax on a single view to get the same results in different resources.I think this very poor quality assurance and concern for the customer on SolarWinds' part. It is just plain rediculous.