This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EOC DB not updating objects from NPM DB.

I'm new to Solarwinds and as I'm getting my feet wet with it I have come across something I can't solve. Need some help here.

Scenario:

Via Atlas I can access the NPM DB and I can see the new data from the SAM WMI templates I have applied to objects.

The NPM has been added into the EOC and authentication has been checked. Test is green. Account works from EOC to NPM.

Problem:

When I access the EOC DB via Atlas and drop down all the objects from the NPM, nothing is there from the template. Only the volume, physical, interface data.

I have been going in circles, SQL DB looks good and no firewalls are blocking me.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Sounds like you have everything configured right - have you contacted support?

Note that we just added the EOC 1.6 RC to the customer portal.  I don't remember a bug fix for a problem like this, but wanted you to know it was available.

Thanks

Brian

• I'm tracking the 1.6 and will implement shortly. I just wanted to fix any issues prior to upgrades. I appreciate the reply of course. I think I found the culprit. The Solarwinds.net application log is reporting the EOC login failed to access the DB. Now my next question:

Is the only way to change the login/password the EOC uses to access the DB is to run the EOC configuration wizard? And the does the account I run with the wizard, does it need to be admin on the DB or what is the least privilege to allow that to work?

Thanks,

• hi solpepsol,

>> Is the only way to change the login/password the EOC uses to access the DB is to run the EOC configuration wizard?

yes

>> the does the account I run with the wizard, does it need to be admin on the DB or what is the least privilege to allow that to work?

no, the account need not need to be SQL admin on the DB,

apart from creating a new DB, for the rest the "public" security privileges shall be fine.

Cheers,

• Update:

So I upgraded to EOC 1.6 and NPM 11 and still no dice. I did however use an admin account on the EOC that has admin on the NPM and the box hosting the NPM and I was able to get to 100% on processed results. It is still intermittent. The processed results would frequently remain at 66% or 83%. Any ideas what could cause that? I tested with a new DB instance and with an old DB and also no luck.

• All you need to make sure is that the account is an admin within the NPM website.  You can create an Orion account of EOC with a simply password and use that to authenticate with the NPM server.  This needs to be a full admin in the website with now account limitations.  In regards to reports, you have to make sure your EOC account is either tied to your NPM account for website access, or again, just use that EOC account you created previously.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Senior Sales Engineer

Loop1 Systems

• So the fix was on the EOC under manage servers. I had to select NO on collect traps and Syslogs and BOOM! my processed results went to 100% and problem stopped.