This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating NodeCustomProperties failing

Hello,

I was directed here by support claiming "we do not provide support for any issue related to the API/SDK. The forum for this is the thwack community." emoticons_sad.png.

We have been using the API for a number of years for simple tasks like adding and removing nodes, interfaces, volumes etc.

The key thing we do is sync information from our asset management system into the Nodes Custom Properties, and recently this stopped working.

Essentially the asset management system makes an API call to send some data.

This comes back with a success - or at least no error message.

Orion receives this and even updates the log on the node page saying the field and value were set.

However the custom property remains blank.

This makes me think there is an issue either with the API, or the NPM/Core whilst processing it.

I can't share the screenshot here without blacking out most of the private details - but our case number is #00034856 which does contain a full screenshot.

Our versions are "Orion Platform 2017.3.3 SP3, NPM 12.2"

Any help would be much appreciated!

Oli.