cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Understanding Session Traces

I am trying to build a device template for RuggedCom Switches. I have located a couple of articles on Thwack that I was able to use as a starting point. I am trying to use NCM to backup the configuration files from these devices but have gotten to a point where the scripts seem to run without any errors but I do not see the config files stored anywhere. I have created the following device template.

<Configuration-Management Device="RuggedCom Inc." SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.15004.2.1" AutoDetectType="BySystemOid">

<Commands>

<Command Name="Precommand" Value="${ENTER}" Regex="Press 'Enter' to continue..." delay=""/>

<Command Name="Reset" Value="" />

<Command Name="MenuBased" Value="false" />

<Command Name="VirtualPrompt" Value="Main Menu" />

<Command Name="EnterCLI" Value="${CTRL+S}" />

<Command Name="RuggedCom" Value="type config.csv"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="type config.csv"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="tftp xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx put config.csv config.csvpk${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="Disconnect" Value="logout" />

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

I used the session trace to see what the script was actually doing but I am confused what it is telling me. It looks as through it is trying portions of the commands until it finds one that works. Can someone make some sense of what this is doing and what I might need to correct?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Understanding Session Traces

After trying several things, I worked with Siemens about the model of switch that I had, it was running firmware version 2.20.x. I upgraded it to v3.8.x and then to the current version v4.3.x. Once that process was completed the script worked well. I have been able to download all of my active RuggedCom's. The issue that I am having now is the upload process, nothing seems to work, Here is my current script, if anyone has some idea of what to look for that would be helpful. Thanks.

<Configuration-Management Device="RuggedCom Inc." SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.15004.2.1" AutoDetectType="BySystemOid">

<Commands>

<Command Name="Precommand" Value="${CRLF}" Regex="Press 'Enter' to continue..." delay=""/>

<Command Name="Reset" Value="" />

<Command Name="MenuBased" Value="true" />

<Command Name="VirtualPrompt" Value="Main Menu" />

<Command Name="EnterCLI" Value="${CTRL+S}" />

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="TFTP ${StorageAddress} put config.csv ${StorageFilename}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="TFTP ${StorageAddress} get ${StorageFilename} config.csv${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="TFTP ${StorageAddress} put config.csv ${StorageFilename}${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" value="TFTP ${StorageAddress} get ${StorageFilename} config.csv${CRLF}"/>

<Command Name="Version" Value="version${CRLF}" />

<Command Name="Reboot" Value="reset${CRLF}"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

0 Kudos