This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Orion use email subject as variable

I've made a powershell script that opens a ticket in Autotask, but to do that I need to put in a title for the ticket. However, Orion is also sending an email that opens a ticket and I need the ticket in the script to be the same as the one in the email so two tickets aren't opened and there is one ticket with all the information I need. Is there a way to take the subject line from the email (the name of the ticket) and put it in the script as a variable?

• I have a few questions to clarify the problem:

• For the PowerShell script that you have created, does it use the Autotask API to open a ticket, or is it sending a separate email from the one that Orion is sending?
    • What information does your PowerShell script have access to that is not available from the email sent by Orion?
    • What information (other than the ticket name) does the email from Orion contain that your PowerShell script doesn't have access to?
    • How is your PowerShell script being invoked?  Is Orion handling that?