cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: SolarWinds as CMDB source for servicenow?

Hi,

I am trying to pull the nodes data from SolarWinds to ServiceNow CMDB. I am trying to establish a connection through JDBC. I am getting an error as "The TCP/IP connection to the host xxxxxxxxx, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall."swind.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi, Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  Does the synchronisation work?  thanks

0 Kudos

Downsides are CI creation for servers built in Servicenow may not report the same as what is discovered. (differences in hostname, short hostname vs. FQDN, different domains, mixed case hostnames, DNS entries, etc.).

Being able to associate a support group for ticketing to a specific CI.

Who assigns the support group and when?

How do you handle decommissions?

What happens if it is rediscovered?

How do you handle server renames, re-iping the server, server upgrades where an upgrade in place is not possible?

There are opportunities on that path....

Highlighted
Level 9

@Jfrazier : Did you get answers for your questions? If yes, can you post them here please?

Raj Esh
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I was listing some of the challenges you have to consider when using Solarwinds as CMDB source for ServiceNow.

Those are questions that the person who wants to do this needs to be able to answer.

0 Kudos