cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

SWQL Studio connection issues after migrating to a new primary polling engine

Jump to solution

We recently migrated Solarwinds off of a Win 2012 R2 system to a Windows 2016 system.  After the migration we can't establish a connection to the DB via SWQL Studio.

When we login we get the following error:

Unable to connect to Information Service.

An error occurred when verifying security for the message

Can anyone point me in the write direction on how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

So yeah..... after sometime going over our migration documentation and installation steps we were able to figure it out.  Luckily it was a simple fix and in plain site. 

Here's our resolution, or at least as I understand it.

Our old system didn't have auto login (sorry I'm sure I'm calling it out incorrectly), but our new system does.  So when we launched SWQL Studio before we had to enter our username and password when using plain old Orion (v3) with username and password.  In our new system we enabled auto login (again sorry for calling it the wrong name), so when we used our username and password we got the error.  However when I changed the login method to Orion (v3) AD, which removes the username and password and as I understand it auto logs in with your AD credentials, we get in with out any issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 13

I believe this thread contains the answer that you're looking for: "An error occurred when verifying security for the message" error in SWQL studio...

0 Kudos
Level 12

So yeah..... after sometime going over our migration documentation and installation steps we were able to figure it out.  Luckily it was a simple fix and in plain site. 

Here's our resolution, or at least as I understand it.

Our old system didn't have auto login (sorry I'm sure I'm calling it out incorrectly), but our new system does.  So when we launched SWQL Studio before we had to enter our username and password when using plain old Orion (v3) with username and password.  In our new system we enabled auto login (again sorry for calling it the wrong name), so when we used our username and password we got the error.  However when I changed the login method to Orion (v3) AD, which removes the username and password and as I understand it auto logs in with your AD credentials, we get in with out any issues.

View solution in original post

Hi

Did you find out how to disable/fix this to be able to use manual credentials again?

0 Kudos