This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report on UDP Output

A colleague has created a Universal Device Poller to extract all serial numbers from a node (system, PSU, chassis, etc) and then display the output on to a specific tab in the node view. This is very crude as the output lists all hardware inventory (all ports, fans, etc) as well asthe required bits and makes the output mostly empty of any data.

example:

pastedImage_0.png

What I'd now like to do is extract only the entries that have serial numbers into a report. But if all I can manage is to extarct it all, blanks included, then so be it. I won't be able to do this just by selcting aspects within the GUI - well not that I can see as I can't see anyway to say use the UDP or its output.

So, my best guess is that I will need to (within the report editor)

-- add content

-- add a 'custom table'

-- create new object selection

-- select 'adevanced database query'

and then craft a SQL / SWQL statement to interrogate and extract said info - but this is where I come unstuck as my SQL/SWQL fu is very weak.

Can anybody guide me?

• Arghh - as ever, sods law dictates I find a solution after I post emoticons_sad.png

For benefit of all:  Success Center [How to create a Web-Based report for a Universal Device Poller (UnDP) on the Orion Platform]

• However - if someone knows how to extract just the info I want then I'm open to ideas / advice / etc ...

• Not sure if this will help as I figured it out with the sql..

I loaded a poller and changed then names on the fields pulled and then used this sql to get the unique elements I was interested in.

select * from (

select n.sysname, n.caption, n.ip_address, cp.uniquename xx, cps.rowid unit, cps.status

from nodes n

inner join custompollerassignment cpa on cpa.nodeid=n.nodeid

inner join custompollerstatus cps on cps.custompollerassignmentid = cpa.custompollerassignmentid

inner join custompollers cp on cp.custompollerid = cpa.custompollerid

where n.caption like 'gf%'

) why

pivot( max(status) for xx in ( [serialnumber],[model],[iosversion]) ) as crap

where unit > 0

that actual value for each element is in the cps.status field and the cp.uniquename is the name I assigned in the poller.

I could have used the existing value but it was longer than I wanted.

This did the joins to the custom poller information and created one line (in my case) for each switch that matched the

criteria. Pivot command is way way cool!!!

• Ugh - pivot just makes me think of Excel and I don't understand it there either emoticons_wink.png

I really need to find time to start digging in to and learning SWQL / SQL