This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

REST API and AD users/groups

The REST API does not seem to work with SWIS URIs that contain a backslash ("\").  This shows up with Orion users linked to AD users/groups.

Using the PowerShell interface, (which apparently relies on SOAP) I can get-swisobject on "swis://x/Orion/Orion.Accounts/AccountID=DOMAIN\USER" (where DOMAIN\USER is an AD domain & user/group that has been granted access to NPM).

Using the REST interface, I get a navigation property error.  I've tried this using both Perl REST::Client and Chrome with the same result.  I've tried various combinations of quoting and escaping, but no luck.  It appears that the REST service is incorrectly converting the backslash to a forward slash and interpreting it as a navigation property filter.

GET URL: solarwinds:17778/.../AccountID=DOMAIN\USER

{"Message":"Navigation property 'USER' does not exist.\u000d\u000aParameter name: uri","ExceptionType":"System.ArgumentException","FullException":"System.ArgumentException: Navigation property 'TEMP' does not exist.\u000d\u000aParameter name: uri\u000d\u000a at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.SwisUriResolver.ValidateAndResolveUri(SwisUri uri, IQueryExecutionContext context)\u000d\u000a at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.CrudProcessor.Read[T](IServiceHost serviceHost, SwisUri uri, IQueryExecutionContext context)\u000d\u000a at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService.Read(String uri)"}