cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Query DPA also

We use the DPA tool to monitor our sql server. I have sucessfully connected to and queried our Orion instance with the SWQL tool.   Although i do see a small number of DPA objects in the Orion server, it doesn't appear to be very many.

Do I need to connect to a different server to see all the DPA objects?     I know our DPA is running on a separate server,   if that means yes it does need to connect to that separate server, does that mean I have to ensure that SWIS is running on that server?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Query DPA also

DPA is pretty much a standalone tool outside of Orion, for the purposes of the integration they port over a small subset of the information from DPA to SWIS, but the bulk of the meaty data stays in their database and cannot be accessed via SWQL and the Info Service.  You would have to query the DPA repository database directly via SQL for anything more detailed than what you were seeing in SWIS already.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
Highlighted

DPA has an API, but it is relatively new and is relatively limited compared to what people are used to from Orion

Learn about and experiment with the DPA API

- Marc Netterfield, Github
Highlighted

I do not think the API exposes the performance metrics yet (based on the documentation): Use the DPA REST API .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

OK thanks for the info!

0 Kudos