cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jswan
Level 13

Re: Orion SDK Information

The Python sample code included with the SDK has some typo-bugs in it: .json() is a method of the request object, not an attribute, so ()s are required but not included. I posted a fixed, slightly more friendly version here:

https://gist.github.com/jayswan/9239153

tdanner
Level 19

Thanks, Jay! Mind if I use this in the next SDK release?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jswan
Level 13

Please do! I was thinking about adding an option to print the details of the request object in each example. I'll update the gist as I have time, but feel free to do whatever you like with it.

0 Kudos
cnorborg
Level 16

Been trying to get IsNull to work under both 1.8 and now 1.9, but I'm getting an error.  I'm curious if its actually working or not.  Most keywords in SWQL Studio (like SELECT, FROM) end up being highlighted in blue.  When I type in IsNull, it stops being blue when I get to the "IsN" point.  When I type in the "N" the whole word I'm typing in goes from black to blue.  I couldn't think of any keywords that start with "IS" (except for maybe "IS" itself), so I started fooling around and the only combination that keeps the text highlighted blue is "ISA", but nothing beyond that?

So, I'm curious, is IsNull() working?  Is it a problem that it isn't staying highlighted in the SWQL studio?

And just out of curiosity, why is "ISA" highlighted?

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

Re: Re: Orion SDK Information

SWQL Studio has a hard-coded list of keywords to highlight. ISNULL isn't in the list, though it should be. Don't read too much into it. ISNULL works fine with SWIS.

"ISA" is a keyword that gets highlighted because it is in SWQL Studio's list. This is an operator in SWQL that doesn't really have a direct equivalent in SQL. It's a boolean operation on types. It tells you whether the left operand is the same as or a subtype (direct or indirect) of the right operand. Example usage:

SELECT FullName

FROM Metadata.Entity

WHERE FullName ISA 'System.ManagedEntity'

0 Kudos
yangj
Level 7

Hi , I am new to solarwinds

I just download SDK & install it.

I try to connect to server (default name is SWSrv1) from SWQL studio but i dont know which server type i can use?

Btw, may i know this SWSrv1 is your product server or we need setup our own server?

if connect to local, Is it the local server have been setup automatically after installation or we need do it manually?

0 Kudos
madhavan
Level 12

Hi,

Server types are just how you are authenticated to connected to Orion Information Service. You can use any type of authentication based on the need and configuration. But provided below the easiest to connect to swql studio.

For connecting to local server (if the product is installed there) :

Server : localhost

Server type : Orion (v3) Certificate

For connecting to a different server :

Server : "Server name"

Server Type : Orion (V3)

0 Kudos
yangj
Level 7

i am not able to use SwisSnapin in windows power shell after install the SDK.

How can i manually install it?

0 Kudos
madhavan
Level 12

Did you add swissnapin to the current session? If not use the below mentioned command.

Add-PSSnapin swissnapin

0 Kudos
yangj
Level 7

Hi ,

When I issue that command in widows powershell, I get this error:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio> Add-PSSnapin swissnapin

Add-PSSnapin : No snap-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell version 2.

At line:1 char:13

+ Add-PSSnapin <<<< swissnapin

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (swissnapinSmiley Frustratedtring) , PSArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

0 Kudos