Did you mean: 
tdanner
Level 19

Re: Orion SDK Information

Thanks for sharing!

jfoley
Level 8

Where can I find more documentation on the JSON REST API for querying?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tdanner
Level 19

It's in the "Orion SDK.pdf" document installed with the SDK. Linked on the start menu as "Technical Reference".

0 Kudos
jfoley
Level 8

Thanks, I found it I'm new to both the Orion system & its terminology - could you point me to where in the document it talks about how to receive, let's say, bandwidth information on Interface ID 117 (the URL to view it in the browser is:

/Orion/Interfaces/InterfaceDetails.aspx?NetObject=I:117&view=InterfaceDetails

)

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

Re: Re: Orion SDK Information

Sure. Interface traffic history is in the Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic entity. You can query it like this:

SELECT DateTime, InAveragebps, InMinbps, InMaxbps, InTotalBytes, InTotalPkts, InAvgUniCastPkts, InMinUniCastPkts, InMaxUniCastPkts, InAvgMultiCastPkts, InMinMultiCastPkts, InMaxMultiCastPkts, OutAveragebps, OutMinbps, OutMaxbps, OutTotalBytes, OutTotalPkts, OutAvgUniCastPkts, OutMaxUniCastPkts, OutMinUniCastPkts, OutAvgMultiCastPkts, OutMinMultiCastPkts, OutMaxMultiCastPkts, TotalBytes, TotalPackets, Averagebps, OutPercentUtil, InPercentUtil, PercentUtil

FROM Orion.NPM.InterfaceTraffic

WHERE InterfaceID=117 AND DateTime > GetUtcDate()-1

That will return all traffic samples in the last 24 hours. You can adjust the WHERE clause to select a particular time range.

0 Kudos
jfoley
Level 8

Thanks! Where can I find a list of properties like this? I couldn't find anything in the Orion SDK.pdf. Is there somewhere I can find a list of each Object Model and its properties?

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

In the start menu under "SolarWinds Orion SDK", there's a link called "Schema Documentation (v3.0)" that has a list of the entity types and their properties. You can also run SWQL Studio, connect to Orion, and explore the object model this way.

0 Kudos
fabi
Level 8

Ok i found a interesting solution, to integrate a module map or everything that you create :

• First, create a account user.

• Use a automatic authentification http url :

<iframe name="inlineframe" src="http://[@IP_SolarWinds]/Orion/Login.aspx?AccountID=[USER]&Password=[PASSWORD]" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" width="0" height="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ></iframe>

• Session's account never expire.

• use "php timer" w/ (sleep) to the connection.

<iframe name="I1" src="http://[@IP_SolarWinds]/Orion/DetachResource.aspx?ResourceID=1979&NetObject=" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" width="500" height="320" marginwidth="5" marginheight="5" id="I1" ></iframe>

• Here My ressources, maps, group, list groups,...

it's not a final solution for me.

0 Kudos
jmiddleton
Level 11

I'm attempting to add and also update information in the Orion.WorldMap.Point table, do you happen to have any pointers on how to do it? Ideally via perl.

Update: create a post with the question - Updating Orion.WorldMap.Point via the Perl SDK

0 Kudos
jfoley
Level 8

Thanks. I can't seem to figure out how this number was calculated (average Transmit / Receive Bps Percentile 95%): 95_percentile.png Can you give any insight?

0 Kudos