syoder10
Level 7

Re: Orion SDK Information

Invoke-SwisVerb -SwisConnection $swis -EntityName Orion.Nodes -Verb Unmanage

0 Kudos
dyogoaj
Level 9

Do you know if is it possible to add users on Orion via API with Orion SDK. If positive, can you gently help us on the methods and parameters we have to use on our development to accomplish it.

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

No, this is not currently possible. (There is a CreateAccount verb on Orion.Accounts, but at this time it only allows you to create system-level accounts. It is not suitable for creating regular website user accounts.)

If you use Active Directory authentication, you could [manually] create one or more AD groups for your Orion users. Then all you automation needs to do is add the relevant users to the appropriate AD groups and they will naturally have Orion login access. This is probably simpler to manage long term anyway.

svindler
Level 11

I'm still missing a database model, so I'll just use this opportunity to advertise for my two feature requests for documenting the database model in NPM and NCM:

NPM: http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2360

NCM: http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2361

Highlighted
ecklerwr1
Level 19

tdanner's method makes the most sense and is exactly what we do.  Now that NPM is AD aware using AD groups to control who has what access to Orion and to what seems to me the only way to go.

0 Kudos
ecklerwr1
Level 19

Will there be a new SDK now that NPM10.6 and SAM6.0 are being released?

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

Yes, there will. No significant changes to the SDK are planned, just some general updates and fixes.

ouberlord
Level 11

0 Kudos
tdanner
Level 19

The ToLocal function is in NPM 10.5. It doesn't matter what version of the SDK you use.

ouberlord
Level 11

Ah my mistake, I was unaware that function existed in NPM previously.  Is there documentation on the list of SWQL functions available within NPM?  My searches are coming up empty, and I'd like to have such a list as a reference now that I am diving into reporting.

0 Kudos