This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is the sdk safe to use with multiprocessing?

I’ve used the SDK with success. I had a bunch of nodes to use discover interfaces.

Naturally I want to speed this up.

tried it with multiprocessing Pool in Python with apply_async() but although parallel operations seem to work fine, each process inevitably times out.

Is this because of some kind of lock? Is the SDK safe to use with multiprocessing?

thanks

• The Orion API does support simultaneous connections, so there should not be a problem (in principle) with using multiprocessing from a Python client to interact with it.  Depending on the degree of parallelism, you could overwhelm the system, though.

Are you able to share the Python script you're using (scrubbing any sensitive information like passwords, IP addresses, etc.)?  Also, if you check the SWIS log file at C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\InformationService\v3.0\Orion.InformationService.log, do you see any interesting errors or warnings at the time when you run your script?