Im Adrian, an IT Tech at Atascosa Community Health Center. We were recommended IP tracker by Methodist Healthcare, and have been trying to get it running on our network to see if we can fit it into our environment.
So far, we downloaded the software onto a laptop (that may be the problem in itself) and the installation seemed to be successful, but we have been fighting with SQL database errors. I've done a few things (notes below), but the executive summary is that I tried installing Microsoft SQL 2016 and opened TCP port 17777, and UDP ports 161 and 443. All of this is on one local machine, so we aren't logging into a remote sql server.
1. I gather the program will be building populating tables of network data into a SQL database. Is it best practice to use MS SQL for this, or is there a different SQL server you reccomend?
2. How do we get IPAM to connect to the MS SQL Server we got.
Your help in getting this running will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. installed solarwinds iptracker
2. first try, no dice. Said that Solarwinds Orion Module Engine service needed to be started, but no such servce exsists on my pc
3. wnet to https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Network_Performance_Monitor_(NPM)/Orion_Module_Engine_.... They said to tunr off uac and anti virus and do a repair on Orion Core services in Programs and Features
4. did 3, no dice. Did repair on ALL of the Solarwinds stuff.
5. when i went to repair "SQL Server System CLR types" (which there are two installs on my pc...), it claimed no to have the installtion media. wnet to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=239644&clcid=0x409 and downloaded SQLSysLRtypes.msi, pointed the repair dialog to that file, and ran repair for both instances 11:26 AM 5/10/2017
6. in trying to repair everything that Solarwinds, installed, I keep running across programs that don't have Msi's where they should be. Switching gearsa and installing SQL Server 2016 with sp1 evaultion edtion with normal setup. 11:49 AM 5/10/2017
7. 3:35 PM 5/10/2017 that didn't work. Went to Solarwinds. Sys reqs are fine except some ports need to be open. TCP 17777 is open, and 161 and 443 are open.
Error: "A Network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was found or was not accessible. Verfify that the instance name is correct and that Sql Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server)
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.