Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

IP Address Tracker not working

Hello,

so we wanted to test out the new advertised Software "IP Address Tracker".

After we installed the Software on our System we couldn't start the IP Address Manager.

Trying to start the Software gives the following error:

1.PNG

I don't see any Service called "Orion Module Engine" in the service manager.

I already tried to repair the Installation with the local Administrator, which didn't help.

When I installed the Software I told it to create a local DB.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Address Tracker not working

Can anyone give me a hint regarding this Problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Bump, having the same issue with this free tool. Any ideas from anyone who has successfully installed IPAT?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

add one more to this list. I'm having the same type of issue with the free tool.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having issues also. I didn't get as far as loading a SQL instance on my PC. What I ran into was much earlier in the process.

Since we use computer names with "_" (underscores), IP Address Tracker said the computer name was "invalid" and we had

to change the computer name in order to install IPAT. That ain't happening! Now, since gleaning some threads, I did think this

was a small install, similar to IPCalc, but it's not. At this point I'm not going to even pursue this. I would like to see this utility or

one like it in the future that's a quick "get it up and running in 5 mins" install without all the hassle.

YMMV, Be Well, E...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

This could be due to SQL services not running. Make sure the SQL Server and SQL Server Browser services are running at all times on the server hosting your SQL instance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi folks,

this version apparently is messed up pretty badly, gave up on it. Support kindly pointed me to the working standalon download of the old version.

http://solarwinds.s3.amazonaws.com/solarwinds/Release/FreeTool/SolarWinds-IPAddressTracker-v1.zip

hth,

Gernot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Hi Gernot, this is a limited IPAM, that's a bit old. What were the major issues, that you had with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has anyone come up with a solution? I was looking forward to getting this going. And then I noticed that it installed well over a GB of stuff, and then failed to start, and then pointed me at a service that doesn't exist.

What's the deal? They obviously put a lot of time into this package.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here too, support doesn't seems to care. Almost October 2018 I guess no one is going to fix this issue on Solarwinds side.

0 Kudos