Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Falcon Installer

Jump to solution

Hey Forum !.

I was advised that I can use the Falcon installer to let me know what version should I upgrade to and what modules. I have a Solarwinds 12.3 and I need to upgrade it.

Where do I find the falcon installer ?

I cannot find it here:

https://customerportal.solarwinds.com/Downloads

I am not familiar with the names, so maybe it is under another name.

Please let me know

Thanks,

Edouard.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello Edouard,

Falcon is not a product, but rather the name we use for the latest platform module installer, and so you will not see it available in your custom portal. What you should see available for download is the latest version of the products you own for the period you were covered by active maintenance.

When logged into the portal, navigate to Downloads -> Download Product. NPM 12.5 is available both as an online and offline install which is using the falcon installer. The workflow is identical in both cases and will allow you to choose any additional products you would like to evaluate.

pastedImage_2.png

As a bonus, users who are running platform 2019.2 modules such as NPM 12.5 or later will  benefit from Perform a centralized upgrade of the primary Orion server and all scalability engines

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello Edouard,

Falcon is not a product, but rather the name we use for the latest platform module installer, and so you will not see it available in your custom portal. What you should see available for download is the latest version of the products you own for the period you were covered by active maintenance.

When logged into the portal, navigate to Downloads -> Download Product. NPM 12.5 is available both as an online and offline install which is using the falcon installer. The workflow is identical in both cases and will allow you to choose any additional products you would like to evaluate.

pastedImage_2.png

As a bonus, users who are running platform 2019.2 modules such as NPM 12.5 or later will  benefit from Perform a centralized upgrade of the primary Orion server and all scalability engines

View solution in original post

0 Kudos