Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

FTPVoyager Scheduler does not seem to connect or respect any profile config

Hi there,

I have been referred here for support.

I have been required to upgrade our FTP Voyager software so that we can support scheduled downloads from a customer who uses public key authentication.  This works perfectly in the FTP Voyager GUI, but whenever the scheduler tries to connect, it fails stating that the password is not valid.

Please advise.

Rich

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

Hi,

Firstly, please make sure you are using the latest FTP Voyager release, version 16.0.2.0. If the issue persists, continue as below.

FTP Voyager 16 establishes a separate set of Site Profiles for FTP Voyager vs FTP Voyager Scheduler. This mitigates many issues that would occur with Site Profile Management in older releases of the product. If you are seeing authentication errors in FTP Voyager Scheduler where you do not in FTP Voyager, most likely the password was updated in the GUI application profiles but not in the Scheduler profiles. To address this, go to "Tools | Scheduler Site Profiles" and edit the Scheduler-side profile with the correct password, and Connect to it at which point you should be able to schedule tasks for that site with no issues.

Hope this helps!

Thomas Parikka

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, because we appear to no longer be able to get timely support for FTPVoyager, we have had no choice but to discontinue its use in our organisation and adopt a different application.  Two-and-a-half weeks for a response to a support query for software we've paid for is not acceptable for business critical uses.

Best of luck with the product in the future.

(Also,yes: we're already using FTP Voyager 16 and have set the details for the profile in the scheduler, which is why we were confused as to why this would not work.)

Rich

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

If you go to "Windows Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services" and restart FTP Voyager Scheduler, is the problem corrected or are the wrong passwords still used?

Thomas Parikka

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback, and apologies for the delay in getting a response.  Look for an email from me regarding support for Voyager.

I've logged this issue so we can try and reproduce in-house.  Will post back once we have.

-Craig

0 Kudos