cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulus
Level 7

FTP Voyager does not work with Serv-U using FTP/FTPS protocols over TLS

We have had some complaints about connecting to our Serv-U server with FTP Voyager, because of these complaints I have decided to test it myself.

FTP Voyager version: 16.2.0.328

Serv-U version: 15.1.6.25

I don't have many SSL/TLS options for the FTP/FTPS protocols in FTP Voyager but it fails when it tries to read the SSL certificate. We use this solution:

Deploy Serv-U MFT in a cluster - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

This is the error:

Error.png

FileZilla and FTP Voyager with the exact same settings, from the exact same computer, with the same user and at the same time. FileZilla works, FTP Voyager does not.

ServU-log.PNG

The log the Serv-U server shows when FTP Voyager wants to connect.

I have asked the Solarwinds support for help because we make use of their Serv-U solution but they do not support their FTP Voyager application, so they cannot help me.

Do you guys have any problems with FTP Voyager in combination with these solutions FTP explict FTP over TLS or FTP implicit FTP over TLS?

If yes, do you have any solution?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
paulus
Level 7

Re: FTP Voyager does not work with Serv-U using FTP/FTPS protocols over TLS

The solution above used the following method:

Deploy Serv-U MFT in a cluster - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

This ment that I had a Loadbalancer between the client and the Serv-U server, the test below I have removed the Loadbalancer out of test.

FTP Voyager -> Loadbalancer -> Serv-U Gateway -> Serv-U MFT

This is what happens:

local-test.PNG

FileZilla and FTP Voyager with the exact same settings, from the exact same computer, with the same user and at the same time. FileZilla works, FTP Voyager does not.

So this is an example using FTP Voyager with Serv-U's Gateway/MFT solution using their standard FTPS settings.

FTP Voyager -> Serv-U Gateway -> Serv-U MFT

Gateway (for Serv-U FTP and MFT Server) | Serv-U

Does anyone have any idea how we can get FTP Voyager to open a TLS session using FTP/FTPS?

0 Kudos
jamie_ataru
Level 7

Re: FTP Voyager does not work with Serv-U using FTP/FTPS protocols over TLS

Did you get anywhere with this paulus; I'm experiencing the same issues?

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos