This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Alert

Hi all,

I am fulfilling a request for a customer and I wanted to present an alert box in their page, but I am only seeing an option to have the full list of alerts. I did not find a way to trim the alerts down to only the alerts pertaining to this customers request. I have not taken a look at the possibility of making a report yet, but I am going to take a look at that as well.

Just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else had this issue/solution.

Thanks as always for the communication/help!

• HI..

You can probably do this so many different ways with view limitations, sql and Swql.. because i like the query route ill show you would you could do, or what i would do in this scenario

First create an Alert custom property, i have one called 'ResponsibleTeam' then select the alert you want your customer to see, update that alert custom property with your customer name i have 'HR' as an example

pastedImage_1.png

Create a 'Custom Query' widgit paste the following and update the WHERE AP.ResponsibleTeam = 'HR'

SELECT ' ' as [Severity], AC.Name AS AlertName, ao.EntityCaption AS Object, ao.EntityDetailsUrl AS [_LinkFor_Object],aa.TriggeredDateTime AS Time,

Case WHEN ac.Severity = '0' THEN ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/InformationalAlert.png')

WHEN ac.Severity = '1' THEN ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Warning.png')

WHEN ac.Severity = '2' THEN  ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Critical.png')

WHEN ac.Severity = '3' THEN  ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png')

WHEN ac.Severity = '4' THEN ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Notice.png')

End as [_IconFor_Severity]

FROM Orion.AlertActive AA

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertObjects AO ON AA.AlertObjectID = AO.AlertObjectID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurations AC ON AC.AlertID = AO.AlertID

INNER JOIN Orion.AlertConfigurationsCustomProperties AP ON AP.AlertID = AC.AlertID

WHERE AP.ResponsibleTeam = 'HR'

ORDER BY AA.TriggeredDateTime desc

output:

pastedImage_0.png

• In addition to this you could limit the view itself via View Limitations so they'll only see nodes/alerts/etc relating to their silo:

Success Center

• thank you sir. apologies for the late response... been really busy. i tried the query, but had some issues with it. i will have to tweak with it more, but the view limitations is a great alternative as well. Thank you all for the help