This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a Report based off of specific component/application monitor events

Is it possible to create an alert/report that can access the events within a custom component/application monitor? I've messed around for a while with the Report Writer, but can't seem to find anything that fits what  I want. It seems the the Events report template doesn't access these monitor specific events, unless I'm missing something. As of right now, I can basically get if the monitor is up/down but not more than that. Someone mentioned that there might be a way to do a custom SQL query to pull the information, but I'm rather unfamiliar with the process.

• can you give a precise example of what you are trying to accomplish? what "monitor-specific events" are you referring to?

• Well, I have a application monitor that basically tells us when a custom app instance crashes versus just being down. It is basically filtered by the "Application Error 1000" is what it appears as. The problem is that right now you have to go to the specific page to know if an instance has crashed. And these are events within the specific component monitor. However, ideally I would like to have an alert and a report that keeps track of these events, so I know how many instances of what app/component crash and if there are any patterns that I can follow. Except these events seem to be separate from the events that have built in reports. At most, I can see if the instance is up or down, which isn't particularly helpful, because there could be times when it is simply not running, which doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. Basically, I want to pull events from a monitor with specific error messages.

• are you using a windows event log monitor or a log parser that looks for a regex search within a txt or .log file?