Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Cisco FTD - Simple script to download configuration

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Of course, if I import that, and assign that template to our FTD and do a connection test it succeeds, however, downloading the configuration just spins on "downloading" in the transfer status.  We need FTD polling and NCM support ASAP!

Anyone able to get Solarwinds to be able to download configuration and monitor interfaces?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

I downloaded and imported the device template that you posted. I was successful in connecting for NCM management and was able to then download the FTD configuration without a problem. I am also able to monitor the interfaces too through SNMP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

that's good news --- i'm still unable to do either so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have same issue and what I observed that this script is working for FTD version 6.2.3.X. This version I can backup with it. But for example version 6.4.X and 6.5.X its as you saying - stuck at Downloading and nothing happening.

I confimed that I can login to SSH from NPM machine and even when I do test on FTD properties at NPM - its working. So there must be something that is preventing NCM to download running config.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have updated the device template as suggested in the thread, experiencing the constant spinning wheel and "Downloading...".  FTD v 6.5.0

Has anybody worked out a fix for this yet?

0 Kudos