This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cirrus.TransferQueue log column coming back as null

FormerMember
FormerMember

Why oh why?!

Hey Tim, (et al)

Can anyone tell me why the Log column of the Cirrus.TransferQueue table is coming back null for several of my queries?

Again; I'm trying to execute a Password Change script via the "...SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Invoke/Cirrus.ConfigArchive/Execute" verb. In order to do this, I'm emulating, in C#, the PowerShell script ("NCM.ExecuteScript.ps1") that does it.

My query is as follows: "SELECT T.Log FROM Cirrus.TransferQueue T WHERE T.TransferID = '{0}'" where {0} is a proper TransferID.

Thanks,
Scott Fraley
(TEKsystems / Microsoft)

• A few questions:

• What version of NCM are you on now?
    • What are the values for other properties of Cirrus.TransferQueue at the time Log is null?
    • Does Log stay null indefinitely? Or does a value show up after some amount of time?
    • What happens if you execute the same password change script through the web console instead of calling Cirrus.ConfigArchive/Execute?
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hey Tim,

Sorry, there's been some churn here, then I got sick and was out Wed-Fri last.

NCM: "Orion Platform 2015.1.2, NCM 7.4 Copyright 1995-2015..."

When Log is null: I'll have to get back to you on that one because I typically only select the Log column/field.

Does Log stay null: Again, I'll have to verify that. Now that I've made this app async, that may be a bit tricky to figure out, but I'll do my best!

Exec the script via Web Console: Haven't tried. And in fact I'll have to have a co-worker remind me how to do that.

Thanks!

• Ok, let me know what you find.