Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Change Path or Rename Folder NPM After Installation

Jump to solution

Dear Team,

While installing NPM & SAM, I changed the installation directory to another partition and the installation finished successfully. However, after running configuration Wizard, I checked the installation directory and noticed the directory reads: "G:\Program Files\SolarWindsOrion" instead of "G:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion".

I would like to know if it is possible to re-locate/rename the folder correctly and re-run the configuration wizard?

Though the application is working fine except the NetPath that keeps giving the error in the screenshot below.

Please I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Change Path or Rename Folder NPM After Installation

Jump to solution

I suspect that Solarwinds support would simply suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the application on that server, since all of the configuration is stored in the database. I don't love that answer in some of the cases that it has been used, but can't think of any other possible way to move the installed location.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Change Path or Rename Folder NPM After Installation

Jump to solution

I suspect that Solarwinds support would simply suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the application on that server, since all of the configuration is stored in the database. I don't love that answer in some of the cases that it has been used, but can't think of any other possible way to move the installed location.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos