This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ability to remove "unmanage" from "maintenance" tab

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the "unmanage nodes" and only use the 'mute nodes" from the maintenance tab in SAM 6.4, or can we do any custom script to add in just the ability to "mute nodes"?

Also, when the account is set with the permission to "node management rights", can we disable the ability to "unmanage nodes".

Reason is, we don't want users to accidentally set the nodes to 'unmanage', as it will stop collecting data.

Thank you in advance,

Tim

• I would really like the ability to set more granular permissions for all of it.  I don't like the bundling of rights, such as "node management".  For example, I would like to give users management rights of some nodes and view rights to others.  Just make sense!

• What you are looking for makes sense, but there is currently no way to configure the system this way, even with custom scripting.

• Yes, we have a lot of custom properties, and some of which are very confidential, and it's difficult to even give "node management", just to "mute alerts".  I'm still contemplating whether we should open up access, or just close access and let users update a single custom property to mute instead.  We do need more granular permissions with node management capabilities.