cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 9

API for automated update of fields for Solarwinds NPM

Hello..I am still new for Solarwinds. I am assigned to create an API for automated of fields for Solarwinds NPM. I have followed the steps as in the GitHub - solarwinds/orionsdk-python: Python client for interacting with the SolarWinds Orion API . Can anyone tell me what should I do the next ?

.NA97
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: API for automated update of fields for Solarwinds NPM

Hello!

Could you explain in more detail what are you trying to achieve? Retrieve records from SolarWinds and update fields in another application? the opposite? Is it one-way or two-way sync?

Level 9

antonis.athanasiou​ Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have already retrieved data from the Solarwinds using REST application in POSTMAN. And now I need to create a node in Solarwinds.

.NA97
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is this a good start to reference? I'm not so experienced with python:

orionsdk-python/add_node.py at master · solarwinds/orionsdk-python · GitHub

Highlighted
Level 9

I have to create an automated system when the data been key in into the solarwinds, it should be automatically updated into CMDB.

.NA97
0 Kudos
Highlighted

There are a few ways to accomplish that.

1. Retrieve records on a regular interval from your CMDB system and perform a one-way sync from SolarWinds -> CMDB. You may want to build the automation's logic in such way to search for deleted nodes as well

2. Create an alert for whenever a node has been added/removed/changed which would trigger the execution of a script to update the CMDB records accordingly

(More on this alert-based-approach can be found here: advanced alert for SW node being added  )

Highlighted
Level 9

I have been trying this add_node.py. I could add nodes with IP we inserting. Other properties and such and also how to have an "API", never used or created one. To make it automated with CMDB. Thank you in advance..

.NA97
0 Kudos