cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

DPA AMI

I see there is an AMI for DPA in the AWS Community Market place. This seems to be a user submitted AMI [SolarWinds_DPA_9.1 (Build 9.1.85_56)]. However, there is also mention of an AMI on the solarwinds site here:

http://www.solarwinds.com/database-performance-analyzer-sql-server.aspx

So.. does anyone know if this is a SolarWinds official AMI, or is it a user submitted one?

I have been asking Solarwinds for several days, but have yet to hear back.

thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 17

DPA v9.1 is now Generally Available, and AMI was released as part of this

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer v9.1 Release Notes

0 Kudos

thanks, so does this mean that this is the actual AMI provided by Solarwinds? If so, do you know why it appears in the Community AMI section, and not the AWS Marketplace section?

Might sound like an odd question, but I need to be sure of the author for security reasons.

thanks.. Marty

0 Kudos

Here are some instructions on how to launch this community AMI

Launching SolarWinds DPA on Amazon AWS

And here is an FAQ document you might find interesting

Frequently Asked Questions about Database Performance Analyzer for AWS

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Marty

The AMI in the community section is from SolarWinds.  We are looking heavily at adding this to the marketplace but have some loops we have to close before that happens.  I would be happy to let you know when/If we add an AMI to the marketplace!!

Kathy

0 Kudos

thanks for confirming. Sadly, our company security policy prohibits the use of community AMIs. Hopefully you can get this into the AWS Marketplace soon... i.e very soon   as I am needing to build this within a few days.

Will likely have to stand up a EC2 instance and install manually for now.

..Marty

0 Kudos

HI kathleen.gibbs

I'm part way through building this manually as I need it now.. however, do you have any estimate on when the AMI would be in the AWS marketplace? weeks.. months?

thanks.. Marty

0 Kudos

Hi Marty,

I am happy to let you know that DPA is on the marketplace.  Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thank you

Kathy

0 Kudos

thanks

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 4:44 AM, kathleen.gibbs <

0 Kudos

The DPA AMI is found here in the marketplace

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00U7RC7WA

0 Kudos