Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Low refreshrate on Windows 10 ver.1709

Jump to solution

Hi Milan

Thank you for the reply, I had tired the suggested operation on my test machine and It is worked, no longer Freeze at the Initializing Desktop step.

I can use the way as a temp solution for a while, but I’m still looking forward an Official New Version.

Thanks.

Snow Cao

T +86 10 5922 1392

M +86 186 1065 0765

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Any status on when the GA of 12.1 will be released.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

Release Candidate or RC will be starting very soon and we will post up here once that begins as well as send an email out to active customers as well.  As you may recall, RC is considered production ready and fully supported by our support team and once we wrap up RC, we will take the RC label off and make it GA.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've got the same problem with version 12.1 beta 2 connecting Computer with Windows 10, but not all the Windows 10 were freeze at "initializing" screen. which is still confused me.

when i trying to remote a computer after installed the DMRC 12.1 Beta 2 on my laptop, there is a selection popped up that you can choose whether you want to install some update on your remote computer.

if you choose not to install the update, the performance would remain slow. and when you choose to install the update, the Freeze at "Initializing" happens.

here is the findings from the test I've just been done minutes ago.

there are 2 computers with Windows 10 that i had chose for the test.

Computer A: Frozen at the "initializing"

Version:1709

OS Build: 16299.611

Amount of items existing in the folder C:\Windows\dwrcs\: 97

Has been connected by other versions of DMRC Previously?: Yes, DMRC 12.0.5.

pastedImage_1.png

Computer B: not frozen at the "Initializing.

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.309

Amount of items existing in the folder C:\Windows\dwrcs\: 43

Has been connected by other versions of DMRC Previously?: No.

pastedImage_4.png

after i had copied and replaced the folder C:\Windows\dwrcs\ from B to A, and tried to remote Computer A using DMRC, it's worked as expected, the refresh rate is acceptable.

apparently I am not sure how these software works internally, that is why it is still confused me, hope the input helps you to figure out and fix the problem.  Thank you.

and it is appreciated that if you could send me an update when there's any useful updates or any beta/official version released.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

The release candidate for DameWare 12.1 is now available in the customer portal for download.  To remind folks, RC's are fully supported and can be deployed into production.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Doesn't work, says there's an issue with the installer package for the x64 installer.

Error from event log: Product: DameWare Mini Remote Control x64 -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: StoreStandaloneConfig, location: C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control x64\, command: "" -storestandaloneconfig

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I came across the same issue. I decided to uninstall the original software version from my computer and re-run the installer for the x64 package. Never got the error prompt and the application installed smoothly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This worked, thank you

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm looking at our Customer Portal and don't see the 12.1 release, just the 12.0.5. How do we go about getting version 12.1?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

i have the same, can't see RC version