cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coopatroopa
Level 7

Re: Low refreshrate on Windows 10 ver.1709

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this with Windows 10 1709 computers. I also noticed that there was only one monitor in the monitor list even though the computer had 3 screens in display settings. In display settings I changed the main display to another monitor and after doing that all of the monitors listed in Dameware's drop down list. After switching the main display back to the original display I could still see all of the monitors and switch to them. I followed Milan's above suggestion to change Default Host Properties and it helped for a minute but after switching monitors I started experiencing screen refresh issues again.

A majority of our computers are on Windows 10 1703 and there is no issue between the machines and Dameware.

0 Kudos
milan.hulik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Quick and dirty workaround is to disable MRC's mirror driver. When you launch DMRC, fill your user ID and credentials and right under credentials is a checkbox saying "Use MRC's Mirror Driver if available" - simply uncheck and connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vaki
Level 7

Jump to solution

No noticeable difference for me, issue is still there.

0 Kudos
bkschay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Minimal difference. Still a lag with Windows 10. I just talked our whole department into purchasing Dameware! Didn't realize there would be this issue with Windows 10.

tmelville
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi- what's the best way for me to get an update on this? Is there a newsletter or support bulletin I can subscribe to? Our organization would like to be notified as soon as a new release that fixes this is out.

Thank you-

-Tom

milan.hulik
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

simply watch this page on THWACK: What Are We Working on for DameWare - Updated November 27th, 2017

I'll update it, once we ship the fixed driver.

Milan

0 Kudos
bjornbroo
Level 8

Jump to solution

It would be good to know if will takes weeks, months or years to get this fixed.

In April we are deploying 1709 to 5000+ computers.

If this is not fixed by then we have to find Another alternative.

This is something we dont want to do because we Think that dameware is a good Product but this bug makes it useless.

0 Kudos
milan.hulik
Level 12

Jump to solution

We have a super strict "do not promise timelines" policy.

I am glad, that you like the product and agree, that this is a serious issue, that needs to be fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Dealing with this issue since 5 months is not what i call "fixing it ASAP".

Just ridiculous that its taking so long.

Every software development company should test their software with insider preview builds early to avoid such problems.

I don't want to think about what new problems will come with build 1803 & DameWare...

bjornbroo
Level 8

Jump to solution

We have lost our trust to Solarwinds, if they at least could show some proof that they are working on it.

They could present some kind of beta

With this silence maybe they will never fix this issue.

0 Kudos