cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted

mini remote control 12.1.0.34 double click not working

So far both the windows server 2016 machines that I've upgraded the MRC agent to version 12.1.0.34 on have the issue that the mouse double click does not work in certain applications, including iis manager and computer management, but it does work in windows file explorer.

Any idea on a fix?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: mini remote control 12.1.0.34 double click not working

Pretty common on most remote tool.  It's most probably about the speed.  You can always press on Enter as a workaround.

Highlighted

How is that a fix to the issue?  That's a work around at best. And no I've never had any remote control products exhibit this specific behavior that i can remember in 23 years of being in the IT field.  And who marked this as the "correct answer"  I was looking for a fix to the problem, not a work around.  We have have been using version 12.0.2 for at least 2 year with none of these types of issues.  Does Dameware product managers or developers not look at these forums?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

donrobert5  wrote:

Pretty common on most remote tool.  It's most probably about the speed.  You can always press on Enter as a workaround.

Common?  This is the first time I've seen it.  Ever.  Even in Remote Desktop, with a slow connection, I've had more problems typing than double-clicking.  (Usually delayed, but it worked.)

And if you could "always" work around it with Enter, I wouldn't have found this question looking for a solution, because this bug​ feature would be merely an annoyance.  Now the program I found that doesn't accept Enter in place of double-click is far from a shining example of software design, but thankfully, turning off "Show Remote Cursor" did work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

I'm simply providing a workaround.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Submitted support ticket to dameware, will see what they say (should have just done that in the first place).

0 Kudos

According to support the current workaround for this issue with this version is to turn off the "show remote cursor" option.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here. It started after updating to the latest version (12.1.0.25 64bit). I can confirm, if I turn off "Show Remote Cursor" I can double click fine. Turn it back on, double clicking on folders does not work. Thanks.

0 Kudos