This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dameware 10 Mini Remote Control Tool - Admin Cert on CAC

Hello,

I am setting up Dameware 10 Remote Control Tool on a few systems and am having an issue getting connected to remote systems using my CAC.  We have both admin and regular certs on the CAC but will be using the admin cert to do the remote control assistance.

Ill give you a rundown of what I am doing:

Right click DameWare Mini Remote Control > Run as (choose my admin Cert from CAC)

Fill in all information needed (Select Smart Card logon and fill in PIN)

Click connect and get error, after a few moments of waiting

Error:

DameWare Mini Remote Control

Smart Card Logon Failed (5.2).

System Error: 1326

System Message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

After inspecting the security logs on the client system I see that the error is because its attempting to use my regular user account, not my admin account. Even tho we are running the MRC tool using admin cert credentials.

Security Logs on client system shows the attempted connection and failure:

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: %COMPUTERNAME%$

Account Domain: %DOMAIN%

Logon ID: 0x3e7

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name: %REMOVEDINFO%

Account Domain:

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc0000064

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x380

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\dwrcs\DWRCS.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: %Computername%

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: DWMRC3

Authentication Package: Kerberos

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

I am a local admin on remote system and can confirm this with username and password, so we know the authentication is there.  For some reason it keeps defaulting back to the regular user cert.

Any thoughts on it?