cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

DMRC Centralized Server Client is Crashing on new Win 10 Laptops

We have 3 laptops that are identical that we just purchased for our IT staff. We configured all of these laptops with our base software just as we do with our PCs. We run DMRC in a Centralized Server environment from a licensing standpoint. After installing the Centralized Server client and trying to launch, it opens and we see the "DameWare Central Server Connection" screen but within seconds the DMRC client crashes. We redownloaded a fresh copy of the DMRC Centralized client (https://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/DameWare/v12.1.0/DameWareMRC64.exe) and that did not help. Next we tried installing the Standalone client (https://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/DameWare/v12.1.0/DameWareMRC64-St.exe) and oddly enough it opens and stays open without crashing. I opened a case with Support but they do not know why it is happening and have not provided any valuable support to help resolve. The laptops are fully patched on Windows 10. We removed our A/V and Bitdefender is disabled and then tried reinstalling and same issue. Also we tried installed and launching both as a Domain Admin and a Local Admin on the laptop. We have other Windows 10 clients in the same AD OU that do not have issues with the Centralized Client launching. It is seems like DMRC Centralized client is crashing on these laptops because they are missing some required software/setting but again support has not been able to give any valuable insight. When DMRC centralized client crashes it reports the following in event logs:

Faulting application name: DWRCC.exe, version: 12.1.0.34, time stamp: 0x5bc9e23c
Faulting module name: DWRCC.exe, version: 12.1.0.34, time stamp: 0x5bc9e23c
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x00000000005a4cf8
Faulting process id: 0x5d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f3128e984826
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control x64\DWRCC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control x64\DWRCC.exe
Report Id: 786508b9-b321-407c-9fde-2dd938831113
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 8

We figured out the issue by accident!

These laptops have Ultra HD 4K (14" IPS 3840 x 2160) monitors. By default these laptops have a resolution set with 3840x2160 however the Scale and Layout percentage under "Display Settings" for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" it by default set to 300%. On these laptops anything under 200% causes DameWare MRC to crash.

Hi Legusol,

I can confirm that your solution is correct.

I had a customer today with three 4k Laptops with the same error fault code as above. All of them had recently been updated to Win 10 v.1909.

Seems that maybe the size was changed automatically to 250%.

However I did first read your resolution wrong. I tried 300% first 😄

After using 200%, it worked fine. Thank you for your solution!

Kind Regards,

Pat

0 Kudos