cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

custom report to find cross schema dependencies in oracle db

Jump to solution

We are attempting to decouple our applications and I've been tasked with finding dependencies between schemas. I've queried dba_dependencies to find all occurences where views, synonyms, etc cross schemas, but I don't have auditing turned on to determine where os users are running sql against multiple schemas. I believe the data should exist within the ignite repository, or at least a sibilance of that data enough to where I could make some safe assumptions. What tables / columns should I be looking at to get that information?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

If we are talking about sharing information about the ERD, can you submit a support case?

We can share that portion of the model so that you can see how we're joining the objects in our schema.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 14

The best bet with DPA is to drill into a day. Set the interval you are viewing to 1 day. Click on the bar. Go to the DB user tab, click on the user you want to research, then click on the objects tab.

This will set your context to a timeframe, to a specific user, and then to see what objects they reference.

This may not be 100% as we don't audit (we do statistical sampling) so things may get missed if they run very quick and infrequently.

Also, the tabs (dimensions) will show the top 50 items (whether it's objects or SQL or waits).

You can adjust that by going to options -> administration tab -> advanced options -> system options -> check support options-> scroll down to NUMBER_OF_ITEMS_IN_DIMENSION_CHARTS and adjust.

HTH

0 Kudos

I want to be able to dump that information into a spreadsheet though, not click through the gui for each user. How can I join the various CONO_, CONU_, CONPT_ tables to get that info in a custom report as opposed to clicking in a gui?

0 Kudos

If we are talking about sharing information about the ERD, can you submit a support case?

We can share that portion of the model so that you can see how we're joining the objects in our schema.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That would be great, i'm not real familiar with thwack though. Is that something you can do for me? I'm not seeing anything that says "create case"...

0 Kudos

Do you know your SWID or have access to your customer portal? If so, you can submit a case under your portal under the support dropdown. If not, you can submit a case here:  Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal

0 Kudos

Ok, thanks. I've submitted a ticket.

case #978978

0 Kudos