This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Way to edit LRT alert?

Hi, I have alerts set up on some Oracle databases that are checking for Long Running Transactions, but I'm only seeing time values as being parameters to set. I would like to be able to say, "and owner not equal to <some schema>", etc. The problem is I have Streams set up one of these databases, and of course, I'm constantly getting alerts for strmsadmin and sys as long as Streams is up and running; therefore, I had to turn this alerting off for this database. Any ideas? Thanks

• kill-9 (love the username!),

Are you running this custom alert as in this page?  Custom Alert - Long Running Query (Oracle)

If you are, you can simply add 'and username <> 'someschema' or other logic into the alert.

Pretty simple statement:

select 'SID:'||s.sid||', Serial#:'||s.serial#||', Username:'||s.username||', Machine:'||s.machine||

', Program:'||s.program||', HashValue:'||s.sql_hash_value||', SQL Text:'||nvl(substr(sql.sql_text,1,40),'Unknown SQL'), last_call_et

from v$session s

left outer join v$sql sql on sql.hash_value=s.sql_hash_value and sql.address=s.sql_address

where s.status='ACTIVE'

and s.type <> 'BACKGROUND'

and last_call_et >= 30

• Okay thanks, I did eventually figure that out and it is working; but as a follow up question, why is "last_call_et >= 30"?  I would assume that is how long you want the query to have been running before getting an alert, so >= 30 means any query that runs for 30 seconds or longer, correct? So, if I only wanted to be alerted on queries running an hour or more, I would say ">=3600"? Or, do the min parm fields in the alert GUI override this and I can just enter the "3600" there?  --thanks again

• Just a way to limit results so that we're not parsing through every active session.  Think of it as a filter, not a determination of when you get notified..

You will set the threshold when you define the customer alert in the UI to be what threshold you want to get notified about.