cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to DPA V12.0

Has anyone upgraded to V12.0?  I am looking at possibly doing this for some of the new features in V12.0 but just want to see what others have seen and to make sure the software is a STABLE upgrade.  Thanks! - Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
mandevil
Level 14

Re: Upgrading to DPA V12.0

DPA 12.0 looks to be a very stable version.

• Upgrade adoption rates higher than any previous version
  • Support cases and engineering customer issues very low
  • No known unaddressed bugs that I'm aware of concerning stability

The one feedback I've heard is that new navigation was introduced with QPA (Query Performance Analyzer) that takes a little getting used to. However, once users got it, they really liked it and agreed with the navigation change.

Mind posting back with how the upgrade went (smooth, not smooth? and stability post-upgrade) and initial thoughts on new features?

Query Performance Analyzer

Table Tuning Advisors

Also, some videos that visually walk you through them:

QPA

TTA

wluther
Level 16

martian monster​ I upgraded my system approximately 1 hour before your post, and it hasn't crashed... yet.

Thanks mandevil​ and wluther​ for your input.  I think the DPA updates have always been rock solid. My last Orion update.. well that left a bad after taste and I really don't want to mess up DPA - my DBAs love it.  

0 Kudos
mandevil
Level 14

Thoughts on the upgrade? New features (may take a couple days for the TTA to kick into gear as the analysis only runs at midnight each 24 hours.

mandevil​ - Just did the DPA update this morning to v 12 and it update went great.  I think I spent more time taking snap shots and backing up the database than it took for the update.  Looks great and the perfstack integration is AMAZING!!!  I have to wait for the final all clear from the DBA on my team but so far so good. 

0 Kudos
mandevil
Level 14

Awesome! Make sure to check out the Table Tuning Advisors after a day or two. Think you'll like the insight it delivers.

If you find it cool, post back here with what you think is cool about it. If you don't find it cool, no need to follow up.

Kidding, let us know either way...

0 Kudos

I know the DBAs on my team were excited for some of the SQL items that were added.  I am super excited to have SQL added to PerfStack!!