This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Troubleshooting deadlocks

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello - new to Thwack, so pardon me if I am putting this question in the wrong place.... My company uses DPA (for SQL Server) for troubleshooting performance issues, and it works quite well - I am certain we don't use it to it's full potential in that area but it still has helped us tremendously.  We are now faced with a sudden increase in deadlocks.  Online researched has shown that DPA has some very good tools to help with deadlock resolution - but it does not appear that I have those tools available to me.  Do I have an old version of the software?  Is there a configuration change or module that needs to be installed for me to get these valuable tools?  I am referring specifically to the reference found here:

Deadlock analysis in DPA - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Regarding software version, I cannot even determine which version we have - how do I do this?  And then how to I get that handy looking Deadlocks tab to show up on my trends page?

Thank you kindly, in advance!