This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Search and replace in Solarwinds database

Hi !

We need to do a search and replace job on our Solarwinds server, some node were defined with spaces and we needs to replace spaces by underscores.  Spaces are creates problems when we are using script in alert action.  Since we have a quantity appreciable of nodes I would like to script it if possible to not forgets any in the process...

How can I doing it ?  I we have more than one Solarwinds instances, I don't really know where to find the software version in the GUI of the application....  But I know it may not the lastest one but the version before....  I we also have older version in places in which similar search and replace will be also required.  I know the server is using SQL database in the back in our case.

Thanks !

• You are talking about DPA, right? If yes, do a query against the repository:

select id, name from COND;

That will show you what's being displayed. You can update that column directly with what you want to see (use _ or other strategies).

update COND set name='INSTNAME' where id = X

Shouldn't take more than just a couple minutes.

• Hi Mandevil,

what is DPA ?

We are using ORION solution to monitor network, and some external nodes in those nodes definition some contain spaces....  I need to remove space in a faster way to edit all of the by using Solarwinds regular interface....

• I see - DPA (Database Performance Analyzer) is the product you posted this under. I think you meant to post it under NPM.

I'd recommend you copy/paste the original question under the NPM product.