This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL database performance analyzer - idle blocker

Hi,

I have a question regarding blockers information.    Say the blocking started at 2:07 pm so I look at the interval period between 2 and 3 pm. The blockers tab screen show a spid (say 73) that was causing 7,700 blocking time but under the SQL column it doesn't show any query associated with this spid.  It is just blank.  When I look at session tab and can't find spid 73 between 2 and 3 pm.    I did find spid 73 between 1 and 2 pm but there wasn't any blocking during that time period.   My question is:

- How do I find what spid 73 was running?

- Why solarwind doesn't associate any sql statement or something with spid 73?

- Based on the printscreen below, all spid processes were waiting for spid 73.  These waiter processes were the same update statements except different parameter values.   Can someone interpret the below printscreen?  Again keep in mind that there isn't any sql statement associated with spid 73.  The rest of the spids does have sql statement associated.

pastedImage_386.png

thanks,

ws