This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Server Abnormal Mirroring Status

Can the SQL Server Abnormal Mirroring Status be configured not to care about the mirroring having a witness?  I do not configure my mirrors to the DR site to Auto Fail-over. So the alert returns continuous issues.

• You may want to create a custom alert using this SQL.  Then you can tweak it and even take the witness server references out.

SELECT 

d.name + ' - Mirroring State Desc:' + m.mirroring_state_desc COLLATE DATABASE_DEFAULT + ' Mirroring Witness State Desc:' + m.mirroring_witness_state_desc COLLATE DATABASE_DEFAULT as Name,

1 as Value

FROM msdb.sys.database_mirroring m JOIN sys.databases d 

ON m.database_id = d.database_id 

WHERE (m.mirroring_state_desc IS NOT NULL AND m.mirroring_state_desc <> 'SYNCHRONIZED' ) 

OR (m.mirroring_witness_name IS NOT NULL AND m.mirroring_witness_name <> '' AND m.mirroring_witness_state_desc <> 'CONNECTED' )

Set it up as a multiple numeric custom alert, Configure it for the monitored database, with a threshold in the high min box of 1.

• Thanks I will give it a try.  We just got the software and I am trying to get it setup for my needs.

• Awesome!  Welcome to the family.  8 )

For more detailed assistance, feel free to reach out to support via your customer portal also.

• This is great in this one example I now know how to setup just about an type of custom alert.

• Custom alerts and metrics are my favorite.  I can integrate any scripts I use personally into the product.

Have you checked out the Thwack content also?

Database Performance Analyzer