cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdpete
Level 9

Query Execution Count

How can i find how many times a specific query executes? Like it will tell me how long it ran across all executions of a specific query, but how can i find out how many times it was executed?

Thanks,

10 Replies
bmrad Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Query Execution Count

When you drill down on a query hash and see the Query Performance Analysis (QPA) screen, executions (and wait time per execution) is the first line chart you'll see.

pastedImage_2.png

cdpete
Level 9

I am unable to find how to get there, everytime i click on a query it just opens properties.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bmrad Product Manager
Product Manager

QPA is a feature of DPA 12.0.   For earlier version, when you get properties, click Historical charts and you should see executions.

What's new in DPA 12.0?

0 Kudos
cdpete
Level 9

we are currently on 11.0.378 and i do not see that functionality any where, what is the upgrade process like to get us to 12?

0 Kudos
darichar
Level 11

We did many assisted upgrades when 12.0 came out and the upgrades typically took 10-20 minutes. The process is to download the new version, run the install and it will take care of everything for you. When you login to the SolarWinds customer portal, you should see the download for DPA 12.0. Here are the release notes which contain links to many other places and the upgrade links are near the bottom:

DPA 12.0 Release Notes - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

cdpete
Level 9

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
cdpete
Level 9

OK  so i have upgraded to the latest 12.0.3074, i now see executions in the graph how ever it says 0 across the entire time frame, and i also see this message, "Statistics reflect changes in statistical values over the sampled time, and may be 0 or blank if the monitored database instance has not updated its published statistics." any help with this one?

0 Kudos
bmrad Product Manager
Product Manager

Is that for every query, or just the one?

0 Kudos
cdpete
Level 9

It looks like every one, they all show waits but 0 for executions.

pastedImage_1.png

Also im noticing that the statistics is the exact same for all of the SQL queries.

0 Kudos