This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Metrics for Oracle ASM Disk Space

Is there a way to make custom metrics for ASM disk space used? I tried the ways I know and it would only let me know do it for 1 diskgroup and not show them all.

I have alert setup to let me know when they reach 95% full, but would be nice to have built in graph that i can look at anytime and see where the diskgroups stand.

• There may be a couple of limitations with this request:

• We are connected to the Oracle instance being monitored, not the ASM instance
    • We can currently plot a custom metric for one value at a time

Given these limitations, can you query the v$asm_diskgroup view from the monitored instance? If yes, we should be able to pull some data that can be summed (aggregated). Or, you may have to setup a metric for each diskgroup to show used space.

Thoughts?

• Yes, I currently have alert set up using the query below to show % used. It alerts us at 95%. Would just be great to see a status check anytime we wanted

SELECT

name                                     group_name

, ROUND((1- (free_mb / total_mb))*100, 2)  pct_used

FROM

v$asm_diskgroup

ORDER BY

name

Our main groups are pretty standard. Should +DATA and +FRA. So if we need to set u pa metric for each of those that might work.

With that said, is there a way to put 'ASM' as one of the columns on the main DPA page to show warnings / errors? Would rather have it in that group then in Disk resources.

• Unfortunately at this time, there's no way to customize the dashboard to add another column... Great feature request though!