This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Managed Service Provider approach for DPA

Is DPA suitable to be used in an MSP approach to capture and report metrics (i.e. resource and SQL alike) with external clients?  If so, is there any documentation on architecture configurations that SolarWinds supports?

• Yes. However, here's what you may consider:

• Install DPA locally in each customer environment - then monitor whatever they/you want to collect performance data on.
    • Assuming you will VPN into your customer environments, any latency would be on UI rendering and not on actual data collection (which is more important from a latency standpoint).
    • We license by monitored target, not by DPA installation, so scaling horizontally in this case makes sense.
    • Use DPAIM (DPAs Orion Integration Module) on your end to tie all of the DPA customer installations together.

Let me know your thoughts. If you want to discuss more, I can PM you and we can set up a meeting to walk through any particular questions.

• mandevil​ I would very much like to discuss this further.