cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Locked out of DPA - HELP!

Jump to solution

My friend, the database administrator was recently let go from our organization.  There was no malice, no matter what you all are thinking!

I am listed as an administrator of DPA.  There are a couple of things that were done to DPA right before his departure, and I am not certain what exactly is happening. 

DPA is running current SW version 2020.2.731, on Server 2016.  Most recently, the DBA did a SQL "patch".  That is about all the information that I have to offer.

I have a password but no user name with this information: 

To help protect against users that might enter malicious SQL, a special password needs to be set up. To configure the password:

1. Open the directory DPA_INSTALL_DIR/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/iwc/security

2. Edit the authorization file and enter the password.

All future changes to Custom Metrics and Custom Alerts will require users to enter the password.

Any ideas on how I can get into DPA?  I am ready to do a fresh installation and dump the current metrics!  

@KMSigma

@sqlrockstar 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

I got in just a few minutes ago .. LDAP was not working, which really messed everything up.  I was able to modify the config file ... called system.properties - I changed the url and service account -

Had to become zen with the issue, then I was able to find supporting documentation: - https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Resolving-AD-LDAP-connection-errors-in-DPA?la...

Thanks @yumdarling & @chrisorourke 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I got in just a few minutes ago .. LDAP was not working, which really messed everything up.  I was able to modify the config file ... called system.properties - I changed the url and service account -

Had to become zen with the issue, then I was able to find supporting documentation: - https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Resolving-AD-LDAP-connection-errors-in-DPA?la...

Thanks @yumdarling & @chrisorourke 

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you get this resolved? Anything I can do from my end? (other than the obvious - running around like a headless chicken)

Level 11

Can you login to the SQL server itself to determine what usernames are active on that SQL instance? Short of that you can have a domain admin add a new full rights SQL user and then reconfigure DPA to use those credentials instead. I'd highly recommend you ensure your org is properly storing user/pass info somewhere everyone is aware of and controlled via access rights not a spreadsheet with a password on it. 

1password teams is a cheap dependable option as is a dedicated password access server from thycotic for a small team. 

0 Kudos