cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Is it possible to script registering/unregistering a DB for monitoring and updating a DB instance name ?

Hello, id like to use Solarwinds monitoring while I performance test software. I am trying to automate this process and am wondering if it possible to script the following:

-Register a DB for monitoring

-UnRegister a DB for monitoring

-Update the DB Instance name (to save the DB metrics for later down the road)

If its not possible to script is it possible to create a USER with admin rights to only specific DBs to register/unregister for monitoring, etc.

Thanks,

-Stefan

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 12

We are actively working on the ability to register and un-register databases for monitoring via script.  I'm not clear on your follow-up question about creating a user...  Perhaps you would like to have a call to discuss?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for your response. Is there an expected release date for reg/unreg for monitoring via scripting?

As for my USER question:

You can give read or write permissions for a specific DB (dbhost1, dbhost2, 192.168.0.5, etc) to a user currently.

But I am wondering if you can assign register or unregister permissions to a specific user for a specific host/DB.

if you want to have a call let me know how to contact you

0 Kudos
Level 12

Unfortunately, we have a policy of not promising release dates so I can't give you such an answer.  I just wanted you to know that it's already being worked on.  I'll email you to set up a call. I'll use the email on your profile here.  🙂

0 Kudos
Level 7

Any update on this?? Is this feature available yet?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Brian,

This is still on our roadmap, don't have a delivery date associated with this feature.  I'll reach out to you to discuss details to make sure we are covering your use cases?

Brian R.

Level 12

0 Kudos

So I see mass registration is an option.. how about the latter.  Mass un registration?

Seems to me one without the other isn't very helpful.

-David

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

DPA now has an API that allows you resister and unregister databases programatically, see this article for more info:  Learn about and experiment with the DPA API

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am curious as well.

I am using Amazon Web Services to automate the creation of SQL Servers, Single nodes and Clusters.  In my script builds, I would like to add the new severs into DPA, 1 at a time.  Can you provide a script to do that.  If not, is there an import file I can manipulate, and then automate in import of the file into DPA.

Let me know,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 7

Any word on this?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi Brian Flynn - I'm really interested in being able to script the register\unregister and connection credentials update for monitored DBs in DPA v10.0.352.  Please drop me a line so we can talk about how we might make this work.  Thanks - Bronwyn.

0 Kudos