This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to send DPA Alert to external logging/ticketing system?

Hi,

what are ways that DPA's can interface with other software/systems?   eg: Take info from an alert and send it to an 'auto-ticketing system'. or out put alert info to text or log file

• Currently, DPA can send alerts via SMTP and SNMP traps. As long as the ticketing system could consume one of those methods, you should be OK.

We ship DPA with a MIB file that you can look at for the SNMP traps (it's in <install_dir>/iwc and called CONFIO-MIB.mib

• Hi,

thanks for the rapid response!    this is new territory for me but it looks like other posts will be able to answer any questions i have.

• We use the SNMP alerting option, so when we have a CRITICAL issue pop-up our notification get's sent to SLACK using their e-mail hook.  Once the e-mail hook is installed/configured in our channel of choice a unique email address is generated.  That account is placed into group inside of DPA that I use for alerting.  Those alerts then get sent to SLACK and our team responds accordingly.  For us it's the most efficient way to handle issues. 

• we have an official system/process for handling critical alerts.   instead of email or slack, we have an auto-ticketing system that can ping the on-call person.

now I just need to find out how to send as much info when an alert happens.  eg: for DEADLOCKs, send server, DB, SQL, SPID's, etc.   this would speed up investigation/resolution.