cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

How do get the Blockers Tab to show up in my Database Performance Analyzer Tool For Oracle Databases?

Jump to solution

How do get the Blockers Tab to show up in my Database Performance Analyzer Tool For Oracle Databases?

1 Solution
Level 12

These cases were both solved by the following. We are adding a KB with the steps but, posting here for anyone landing on the thread.

There is an advanced option that by default disables blocking information for Oracle RAC systems from being collected. To Turn this on, go to:

Options->Administration->Advanced Options->DB Instance Options

Select the RAC instance that you want to see blocking data for

Select the Support Option check box

Go to the following option (ORACLE_QUERY_LOCK_INFO_DISABLE_ON_RAC)

Change value to 'false'

Restart Monitor

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Level 12

These cases were both solved by the following. We are adding a KB with the steps but, posting here for anyone landing on the thread.

There is an advanced option that by default disables blocking information for Oracle RAC systems from being collected. To Turn this on, go to:

Options->Administration->Advanced Options->DB Instance Options

Select the RAC instance that you want to see blocking data for

Select the Support Option check box

Go to the following option (ORACLE_QUERY_LOCK_INFO_DISABLE_ON_RAC)

Change value to 'false'

Restart Monitor

View solution in original post

Level 9

FYI, we're having the same issue; Oracle 11.2.0.4 RAC Standard Edition running the current DPA RC. We see the tab with our non-RAC databases, just not on the RAC instances. I'll open a case as well but wanted to make note here.

0 Kudos
Level 12

I do have a support case open for this issue. case # 1015993 I have emailed in the case a few times and called the number that is listed and haven't heard back. Please do call in to the support line Phone: 866.530.8040, Option 3 for this case if you still need help.

0 Kudos
Level 14

You have to be drilled into an hour timeframe. Otherwise, there's a LOT of data to parse through - our attempt to be efficient and as quick as possible.

0 Kudos

Thanks mandevil.  Let's say I'm already drilled down from database, to day, to timeframe, to SQL....I still don't see the blockers tab.  And to be clearer, I am trying to looking at blocking from 4 days ago.  So, I still don't see any blocking information displayed by DPA.....do I need to drill down even more?

0 Kudos

You should not have to. Can you describe the instance/environment you are monitoring? Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL/Sybase/DB2? What version? If Oracle, is it RAC?

0 Kudos

All of our databases that are registered with DPA are Oracle RAC.  Versions for the most part are 11.2.0.3 or 11.2.0.4.

0 Kudos

Can you open a support case? There are specific options that you have to enable to get the blocking information. We'll want to make sure everything is enabled for your monitoring...

0 Kudos

I'll do that.  Thank you again for responding and your help.

0 Kudos

mandevil, I haven't opened a Support Case before.  Can you guide me through the necessary steps?

0 Kudos

Do you have access to your customer portal? If you do, you should be able to open a case directly from there for DPA (under the support tab).

If you don't have access, you can send an email to customerservice@solarwinds.com and request access by providing your SWID.

0 Kudos

Perhaps reference this thread in the case with a link so that when we find why this is not showing up for you we can post back the answer here for others.

0 Kudos