cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

How can I view all the named queries on a server?

Jump to solution

Hopefully this is a simple question.

I need to view all the named queries on a server. Back some time ago I passed some tuning advice to a third party. It seems they took it, and the query I had originally named was modified and is now at the top of my wait list again, but slightly different. I'd like to name it the same thing, but can't find the old query to rename first.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Try querying the hash, name, and descr columns from the CON_SQL_NAME table in the repository.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

That's a drawback in DPA, you cannot name multiple queries the same.  I just use a pattern of starting with "name-01, name-02, name-03" etc.

0 Kudos

Ideally, I'd like to remove the name from the one and then name this one correctly. The query as it was is no longer used, and it's been enough days that it no longer shows in my list of bad queries. Is there any place to view all the named queries?

0 Kudos

Try querying the hash, name, and descr columns from the CON_SQL_NAME table in the repository.

View solution in original post

It'd still be nice to have it in the interface somewhere, but this works. Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos

Agree that an out of the box option to report and manage custom names would be useful. There are a few other query naming related Thwack feature requests as well that would be useful to tackle together.

0 Kudos