cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Duplicate reports in the same repository for another database

Jump to solution

We migrated our servers to a new hardware, new names.  I reconfigured the licenses in SW DPA so the old server is no longer licensed, and the new server is.  However we have a LOT of reports setup in the old server (via DPA).  Is there a way to copy those over to the new server easily?  Command line option, DPA option, database update, etc.?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

The easiest way to ensure continuity if it is the same instance is to do an "Update Connection" from Options -> Monitor Setup. That way, you can track the change in performance profiles before and after the upgrade to new HW.

I think you left the old instance in there, but just switched the licensing to the new instance on new HW. If it hasn't been a long time, go ahead and switch licensing back to the original instance and run through the update connection wizard to "repoint" DPA. Then you will still have reports PLUS a before and after picture of performance. See how the new server/HW impacted end users.

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 14

The easiest way to ensure continuity if it is the same instance is to do an "Update Connection" from Options -> Monitor Setup. That way, you can track the change in performance profiles before and after the upgrade to new HW.

I think you left the old instance in there, but just switched the licensing to the new instance on new HW. If it hasn't been a long time, go ahead and switch licensing back to the original instance and run through the update connection wizard to "repoint" DPA. Then you will still have reports PLUS a before and after picture of performance. See how the new server/HW impacted end users.

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Worked like a charm!