This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Different modules - 1 server requirements

Hello,

I have the below modules that I want to install on a dedicated server but I was wondering if the rule of adding 2GB of RAM for each module also applies here?

(Link with the rule I'm talking about: Multi-module system guidelines for the Orion Platform )

Is there a way to determine the system requirements I need for all of them or should I just add everything up??

Said modules are:

SolarWinds Monitoring Tools

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer

SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor

SolarWinds Virtualization Manager

SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor

Thank you.

• This is always a bit of a tough question and really the best we can ever do is guide customers on it some. One thing I would say is you posted the products you have but, not what the license size or each is and this matters very much. All the hardware guides we have are based on license size as this is the start of a guide for how much load the applications will have when monitoring.

There are also other factors. Like if you change any polling intervals from the default or change any retention settings from the default all of that has some impact on performance and requirements. In general, add the specs for each module for the license count you are going to monitor and if you want some more guidance open a support ticket but, include your license count and any changes to defaults in the polling and the approximant number of users that will be accessing the web applications.