This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Daily Custom Alert - When will it run?

I made a custom alert with the interval set to once per day, but I don't see anywhere I can specify as to WHEN once a day it's going to run?

I found online documentation and a video but the UI doesn't look like anything I'm seeing so I'm wondering if the video is out of date.

pastedImage_0.png

• This is currently a feature request for the DPA product. However, there is a way to "schedule" the alert to run at a specific time of day through the backend. To do this, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Find the alert id (first column below) using this query against the repository database. This query will return a row for every monitored instance the alert is tied to and the alertid value should be the same for all rows.

SELECT a.id as alertid, a.alertname, db.lastrun

FROM ignite.con_alert a

JOIN ignite.con_alert_db db ON db.alertid = a.id

WHERE a.alertname = '<name of your alert>';

Step 2: Update the lastrun value for the alert on each monitored instance. The example below tricks the alert engine into thinking the alert last ran at 1 am this morning so that it will run again at 1 am tomorrow.

UPDATE ignite.con_alert_db

SET lastrun = '08/29/2018 01:00'

WHERE alertid = <alertid>;

• Oh, and by the way, vote up this feature on Thwack:

• Thank you for the information. I don't have access to the backend repos so I won't be able to hack-in the lastrun value.

I up voted the feature but I also noted that it was created 4 years ago! emoticons_shocked.png Gives me little hope that it will ever get done if it hasn't been done by now. emoticons_cry.png